Running Thursday evenings from May to September (weather dependant), this weekly group ride series will help you discover the awesome trail system of Arkell Springs in a fun group experience!
Group rides are a great opportunity to explore the trails, grow your skills and fitness, and ride with like minded mountain bikers in an inclusive and friendly environment. Each ride will be led by an experienced GORBA ride leader with in-depth knowledge of the local trails.
Given the more technical and challenging terrain of Arkell Springs, these rides are geared towards intermediate to advanced-level mountain bikers. Less experienced riders are encouraged to join the Guelph Lake group rides organized through GORBA for a more beginner-friendly experience on less demanding terrain.
- Depart from Watson Road parking lot at 6:30 P.M. (click here for map).*
- Finish around 8:30 P.M. at the parking lot.
- Features: include rocks, roots, steep climbs and descents, and some man-made features such as drops, rollers, and skinnies.
- Pace: intermediate to advanced, with the possibility of splitting into two or more groups depending on the number of riders and abilities/fitness.
- The ride can be a little "stoppy/starty" as we regroup often and nobody is left behind!!
- Must bring: enough water for a 2-hour ride, snacks, multitool, spare tube. We also recommend bringing lights and an extra layer.
- We cancel for rain or muddy trails. Check our Instagram stories for updates.